GPIO for supported modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The GPIO list for supported modules lists CYBLE-212019-00.   Can I assume the pin-outs for all the other supported modules are exactly the same?  Specifically, I am interested in CYBLE-222014-01.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi user_478787221

Can you please mention where that screenshot is from? Is this detail about some Eval Board?

Regards,

- Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, Screen shot is from the EZ-Serial Datasheet, listing the GPIO near the end of the document While a number of different modules are supported, strangely they only specify the GPIO for one module, which makes you wonder if the mapping is the same for all the modules – seems unlikely. A better explanation is that the documentation is not complete

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Specifically, page 197 of the

EZ-Serial BLE Firmware Platform User Guide

Doc. No. 002-11259 Rev. *A

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The datasheet for the module you are interested in is here:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-222014-01-ez-bletm-proctm-bt-42-module

It also specifically calls out CYBLE-022001-00  and CYBLE-222005-00 being compatible drop-ins.

If you are wanting the UART pins to be compatible between different modules, that is a different question (slightly). One of the UARTs has the same pinouts, but the others do not. Thus, I wouldn't trust all of the pins to be the same between different modules, but some of them may remain the same.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Ez-Serial, is there any way to modify which pins do what, other than the pins with special function

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I didn't respond to this before; I haven't worked with the EZ-Serial, so I'm not sure of the capabilities. dudlx​ Probably has more information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dudlx

Hi Dudley,

Can you please help?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes