PRoC BLE module not advertising

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I'm trying to get the CYBLE-202007-01 BLE module to advertise (can't find it with phone) and can't figure out why. I'm using it with the CYBLE-202007-EVAL board and CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Kit. The previous BLE module (VY8C4247LQI-BL483) I was using advertises but it is PSoC instead of PRoC. Do you have to do something different to get PRoC BLE modules to advertise?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MaLa_2536816
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have the exact same issue with that module!

Have a look at the following doc

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

View solution in original post

6 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Can you try programming any of the PSoC Creator code example and check if it is advertising.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do need to make sure that you are building the program for the selected device that matches the hardware device you are programming. Right-clicking the project and selecting "Device Selector..." will bring up a table of chips, and should make a difference if the built image is for the wrong chip.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your advice. I used their FindMe app as is and I selected the appropriate device in the program. It does not work but maybe I am missing something. The program sees the Imu so it programs correctly. I suspect I might have gotten a bad module.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can see and program the chip with the programmer, then I would think the chip hardware is more or less working, but doesn't have correct code for some reason.

0 Likes
MaLa_2536816
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have the exact same issue with that module!

Have a look at the following doc

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Martin,

The bluetooth module is advertising now after setting the capacitance trim value to 0xD0D0. However I have another problem now as it disconnects with the IMU chip, from which it is reading data, instantly after connecting to it. I'll start another thread for this as it is a separate problem. I appreciate the help everyone.

0 Likes