PSoC 1 bootloader AN2100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I'm trying to integrate bootloader support in one of our PSoC projects.

I found AN2100 to be exactly what I need but I somehow can't get it to link.

After copying all the files & content as described in AN2100 i get the following linker error when building my project:

!E <library>(2242): {linker} area 'BootLoaderArea' not large enough. Need 647 bytes

lo 32148 hi 32767 size 620

make: *** [output/MyProject.rom] Error -1

Building the original Project is working fine and building the AN2100 sample is working fine.

Most likely I missed some little step but since I'm not too deep into all the stuff that's being done in the bootloader & linker part of the device I can't find my error.

The first things I checked were if the custom.lkp & htlinkotps.lkp files are in place, which are.

I guess someone who is familiar with the device can point me into the right direction without much effort

Thanks in advance

Chris

0 Likes
10 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Chris,

It may be possible that your application + bootloader code is more than the flash available in the device. Can you reduce your application code temporarily to find if this is the cause?

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sampath,

i tried removing all of my code from the project and i still get the same error. I'll try to merge my project into the sample project and see if it helps but this seems to be not the right way to do this...

Thanks for your reply

Chris

0 Likes

Hello Chris,

It would help me to understand to issue a lot better, if you can kindly explain me as to how you merge your project into the sample project.

I can tell you how I do it:

- Place the User Modules manually

- Copy code from source main.c to sample project main.c

- Copy other source *.c and *.h files

- Generate and Build

It would be nice if you can post your source project here.

Thanks

Sampath

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sampath,

yes, that's the way i was going to merge the two projects.

I tried to clean my source project as good as i could and attached it here.

Chris

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to add all of my modules & code files to the sample project and i get the same error after compiling. I didn't yet copy over the configuration to the file bootloaderconfig.asm.

I hope someone finds anything in the previously attached project ....

Chris

0 Likes

Hi Chris,

For the sake of debugging, can you kindly set the voltage to 5V/24MHz, instead of 3.3V/24 MHz, and check if you can build your project?

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sampath,

when I set the voltage to 5V/24MHz the project does build fine. I'm baffled .

I guess this is a bug in the compiler, so what are the next steps to get this thing running on 3.3V?

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Hello Chris,

I request you to be kindly patient with me. I will look into this project and see what best I can do.

Thanks,

Sampath

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sampath,

take your time, this project is only a side project and has now priority at all.

Best regards

Chris

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sampath,

I just wanted to ask if you made any progress on this.

Best regards,

Chris

0 Likes