ECO capacitance trim PROC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeTo_1826166
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hello,

I have  some questions about this set of values that you have to load in the firmware when you use PRoC CYBLE MODULE : ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

Firstly that could be nice to have a  clear warning about this trim in the datasheet, it's absolutely not natural to have to think about adjusting a hardware value in the software and moreover that this value is not automatically loaded in the firmware in line with the selected device in Psoc creator.

1) How can i know the default value, so the value from CY8CKIT-042-BLE ?

2) How i can put the influence of that value on the BLE functionnality (scanning, stability of the link)

To be clear i made some tests with an eval board without changing this trim value, the results (stability, no disconnection ) were OK.

Mounted in the final product there are some disconnections

Mounted in the final product in heavily charged environnment (like 40 bluetooth devices and 10-20 wifi network) that was pretty bad, hard to connect, disconnection after a few time. The product was just barely usable (distance between a smartphone and the CYBLE was just 1-2 meters). It's not possible for me to compare in the near futur in that type of environment so my questions.

Thanks for your answers.

0 Likes
1 Solution
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes