What should Rd1 (on CCG2) resistance measure when unpowered?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the unpowered CY4521 (configured as a dongle) for development.  When attaching the CY4521 to my DFP it never establishes a valid connection.  The DFP power cycles Vbus every 2 - 3 seconds and the CY4521 never responds.  I did some troubleshooting and measured the resistance of  the unpowered CY4521 - CCG2 Rd1 to ground.  I expected about 5.1K ohms.  (See CCG2 Data sheet, figure 2 DB Rd direct attach to Rd1 pin.  Also see, table 24, SID.PD.5, 5.1K ohms).  I measure several hundred K ohms from Rd1 to GND.  Is this correct? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Bryan,

As per our SPEC, Dead battery CC Termination on RD1 is 5.1K topically. If the board on your end cannot show dea-battery feature, kindly contact local vendor to replace it.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Bryan,

I guess you may measured it on CY4532, and the RD1 have already connected to CC1. If so, please remove R16 and then test it without chip on power. The value shall be about 5.1K.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Liz,

I have done that.  With no power or connections to the CY4521, I removed R16 and measured Rd1 to GND.  Then I measured CC1 to GND.  They both measure over 500K ohms.   Is my dev board defective?

Bryan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note I am using the CY4521 and not the CY4532.

0 Likes

Hi Bryan,

You are correct to remove R16, but the Rd1 measure way shall be measure RD1 to ground.

Sorry for my typo, it should be CY4521.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Liz,

I have done that.  With no power or connections to the CY4521, I removed R16 and measured Rd1 to GND.  Then I measured CC1 to GND.  They both measure over 500K ohms.   Is my dev board defective?

0 Likes

Hi Bryan,

As per our SPEC, Dead battery CC Termination on RD1 is 5.1K topically. If the board on your end cannot show dea-battery feature, kindly contact local vendor to replace it.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes