Read Flash Memory from CYBLE-013025 Device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the steps in this post (WICED Smart Bluetooth Forums ) to change my BLE Mac address to a custom value on production programming. However I am trying to discover if there is a way I can read the flash memory across the UART programmer pins so I can check if it has already been programmed with an expected mac address, and if so, to use the same one. So far out of the Zipped tools in that post, it doesn't appear to have any resources to do that. I also wasn't able to find a way to read flash memory through the WICED ide. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there's a direct way to read the BD_ADDR over the UART port. You could use the blecm_hciReadBdAddr() function to read the address. The address will be reported in an blecm event handler.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding skuv​ from the applications team.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there's a direct way to read the BD_ADDR over the UART port. You could use the blecm_hciReadBdAddr() function to read the address. The address will be reported in an blecm event handler.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked up that function header in blecm.h

void blecm_hciReadBdAddr(void);

How am i supposed to get the address from the function call if I can't pass in a pointer and I don't get a return. Where is the address read going to?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you call that function, the blecm evt handler will be triggered and the device address will be reported in the event handler. If you enable the print logs, you can see the device address being printed.

0 Likes
PrTa_2531106
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have a question on BD Address, during production if we assign a static MAC ID (programmed through tool or using HCI command  10 FC ') will the address persisted if we upgrade the application using minidriver ? Do we need to write the MAC ID again after upgrading the application (CYBLE-013025-00)

0 Likes