Cypress BLE-Beacon PC App not starting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit) with different laptops. I bought CYALKIT-E02 Solar Powered BLE Sensor Beacon. I installed your Cypress BLE Beacon App in both the laptops. When i try to open the BLE beacon PC app, it is showing ERROR "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" in the windows 7 PC. But the PC with windows 10 OS, app is not opening and error message is also not showing. Can you please help me on this problem?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem has been solved by Installing https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3118401/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows in addition to Visual C++ Packages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode on the Win 10 OS?
Also, the MSVCP140 looks like it is a reference to the Microsoft Visual C Plus v140 DLL library. If the program didn't run as administrator when installing, it might have failed to install the DLL.

Running as administrator on the Win 10 OS might also help that issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have checked. But the problem is same and not solved.

Thank you.

Hi

Please download and install a "vcredist_x86.exe" to solve the MSVCP140.dll error.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download...

Regards

Eiji

Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem has been solved by Installing https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3118401/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows in addition to Visual C++ Packages.

0 Likes
user_1324871
Level 1
Level 1

Copy msvcp140.dll, msvcp120.dll, msvcr120.dll, vcruntime140.dll to program folder from PSOC Creator's program folder.

0 Likes