Banana Pi firmware in WICED kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Experts,

I see the BCM chip used in the two different boards remains the same. https://wikidevi.com/wiki/AMPAK_AP6181 

I tied downloading the Banana Pi [AP6181] firmware into the WiCED board [BCM43362] but the WiFi module boot up fails.

In general is there any dependency with firmware across different boards though the underlying BCM module remains the same.

Regards,

Lyf

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

This might be beacuse of the difference in the firmware version. Could you check the version of the firmware of 43362 in your SDK with the one you want to load from Banana pi dev board. This is a problem especially a problem if your using wiced sdk 5.2. Use wl command wl -ver to check for the version of wlan firmware.

Regards,

Vinayak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

This might be beacuse of the difference in the firmware version. Could you check the version of the firmware of 43362 in your SDK with the one you want to load from Banana pi dev board. This is a problem especially a problem if your using wiced sdk 5.2. Use wl command wl -ver to check for the version of wlan firmware.

Regards,

Vinayak

0 Likes

vnak wrote:

Hi,

This is a problem especially a problem if your using wiced sdk 5.2.

Why it's a problem if using sdk-5.2?

0 Likes

I was referring to the requirement of additional CLM Blob file issue. But i guess you have already found a workaround.

Re: WICED Studio 5.2.0 has been released....(CLM download feature breaks compatibility)

0 Likes

vnak wrote:

I was referring to the requirement of additional CLM Blob file issue. But i guess you have already found a workaround.

Re: WICED Studio 5.2.0 has been released....(CLM download feature breaks compatibility)

You are off-topic.

In this thread, it's releated to BCM43362.

However, BCM43362 does not have CLM download feature at all.

0 Likes

Sorry my bad. CLM Blob is for only 4390x, 43364, 43438, 4343W. Thanks for the correction.

0 Likes