Problem programming CY8CMBR3110 with miniprog 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I can not programming with psoc programmer and minoprog 3???

0 Likes
7 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

The "EZ-Click" application can be used to configure the MBR3110 device.

At first, please let me confirm you can recognize the MBR3110 with the MiniProg3.

When the MiniProg3 with MBR3110 is connected to the PC, the PSoC Programmer can recognize the MiniProg3.  Then the "Checksum" button is clicked, the PSoC Programmer can recognize the device is the MBR3110 and the checksum is gotten as follows.

GS003343.png

The Bridge Control Panel application can be used to detect the MBR3110 device.  After setting the power supply voltage and the Protocol and providing power supply, click the "List" button multiple times.  You can see the I2C address of the MBR3110.

GS003344.png

The reason why the "List" button must be clicked multiple times is the MBR3110 is typically in a low-power mode and wakes up by the I2C communication.

You can also recognize the MBR3110 device with the EZ-Click application after a project is created.  I think "Bridge Control Panel" is easier than the "EZ-Click" in this case.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I tried with Bridge Control Panel (with 3.3V and 5.0V), but not working, as

seen in then attchament picture!

and now

best regards

2017-11-01 10:43 GMT-02:00 Noriaki Tanaka <community-manager@cypress.com>:

<http://www.cypress.com>

Cypress Developer Community

<https://community.cypress.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Problem programming CY8CMBR3110 with miniprog 3

reply from Noriaki Tanaka

<https://community.cypress.com/people/ntan?et=watches.email.thread> in *PSoC

3* - View the full discussion

<https://community.cypress.com/message/145385?et=watches.email.thread#145385>

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that the connection between the MiniProg3 and the MBR3110 has problem.

At first please confirm the power and I2C lines after removing other wires to sensors.  Following is my board and its schematic.

2016-01-052021.10.032001.jpg

mbr3110-so16-sch-01.png

The most important thing is the location of the bypass capacitors.  Bypass capacitors must be put close to the MBR3110.  I see you are using the pin pitch conversion board.  Did you put the bypass capacitors 0.1uF and 1uF on the conversion board?  If not, MBR3110 would not work.

The VCC pin has a 0.1uF capacitor as a bypass capacitor for an internal regulator.  This capacitor must be put close to the MBR3110 too.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
pantitastana3
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

An Midified app created by the developer Ammar. ANWhatsapp+10 has all the operations you perform on the original messaging application WhatsApp

0 Likes

Recently developers had released a new modded whatsapp called na8 whatsapp download , this version is next level

0 Likes
clark5647012
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

getting bore of old games? try our new pubg game official 2023 version

0 Likes
vickydonor
Level 1
Level 1
First comment on blog First reply posted Welcome!

If you're experiencing issues programming a CY8CMBR3110 device using a Miniprog3 programmer, you can use WhatsApp Group Links for Discuss related problem with other people. here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check Connections: Ensure that all connections between the Miniprog3 programmer and the CY8CMBR3110 device are secure and correctly aligned. Any loose connections can cause programming failures.

• Power Supply: Make sure that the CY8CMBR3110 device is powered properly during programming. Ensure that the power supply voltage meets the device's requirements and remains stable throughout the programming process.

• Programming Software: Use the appropriate programming software provided by Cypress Semiconductor for programming the CY8CMBR3110 device. Ensure that the software version is compatible with both the programmer and the device.

• Driver Installation: Verify that the necessary drivers for the Miniprog3 programmer are installed correctly on your computer. Sometimes, driver issues can prevent the programmer from communicating with the device.

• Programming Interface Selection: Double-check that you've selected the correct programming interface and settings in the programming software for the CY8CMBR3110 device. Selecting the wrong interface can lead to programming failures.

• Device Configuration: Ensure that the configuration settings of the CY8CMBR3110 device are appropriate for the programming operation you're attempting. Incorrect settings can cause programming errors or failures.

• Programming Sequence: Follow the recommended programming sequence provided in the device datasheet or programming guide. Certain devices may require specific sequences for programming operations to succeed.

• Debugging Output: If possible, enable debugging output or logging in the programming software to capture any error messages or diagnostic information that may help identify the cause of the issue.

• Device Health: Verify that the CY8CMBR3110 device is functioning correctly and hasn't been damaged or impaired in any way that could affect programming. Replace the device if necessary.

• Technical Support: If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps and still can't resolve the issue, consider reaching out to Cypress Semiconductor's technical support for further assistance. Provide them with detailed information about your setup and the problem you're experiencing for prompt and accurate support.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially resolve any programming issues with the CY8CMBR3110 device using the Miniprog3 programmer.

0 Likes