What does address 0xFF000000 translate into on the CYBLE-013025 chip memory?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to reference directly to the assigned mac address of the device, and I couldn't figure out where a defined constant of its location is at, i'm sure it is somewhere. I was going to try and reference to where it says it is at in the hex file, but that location was 0xFF000015, which isn't a valid memory location on this chip, or at least it appears to hard fault when I try to access it. I did find a list of defined address locations for configurations in the patch sysmdefs file, and all of those addresses are more in the range of 0x20000. I'm assuming that 0xFF000000 translates to somewhere in that range.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am not sure how you checked for the address from hex file.

You can follow the below step to search the address :

- Go to LIST file in the build folder of WICED project.

- search for the parameter

- It will redirect you to the .symdef file where you can find the address for the specific parameter you are looking for.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anybody interested, I found the data I was looking for.

The address of my BLE MAC address according to the hex file is located at 0xFF000015 but when I spit out all of my memory from 0x00200000 forward, i found that my MAC address was located in 2 different locations. The first location didn't work properly when I tried to read from it in my final code so I just went and used the second location, and it is finally working.

0x002017F8 and 0x00204510

I haven't looked into how that translates from the hex, but this is essentially the info I needed.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

I am not sure how you checked for the address from hex file.

You can follow the below step to search the address :

- Go to LIST file in the build folder of WICED project.

- search for the parameter

- It will redirect you to the .symdef file where you can find the address for the specific parameter you are looking for.

Thanks,

Anjana