PSoC5LP: CAN Error Management

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Team,

For one of our project, we are using Cy8ckit-001 EVK Board and CY8C5868-LP035 module. This is the first time I am working on CAN Protocol. So we went through all available documents(CAN IP datasheet, AN52701, ) and video. Now we have some doubts with respect to can module in PSoC device( I am sorry if they are silly questions).

Whenever Rx node on CAN Bus receives a CAN frame and determines that there is an error(Form error, Stuff error, CRC error) in the received frame. He generates Error Frame so that Tx node will resend the frame. So will CAN controller in PSoC will send error frame or Firmware running on PSoC has to be written in such a way that when the received interrupt is generated Rx node will generate and write error frame on to the bus?

Similarly, Tx node will write a CAN frame to the CAN Bus. But he will not receive any ack or an error(Ack error, bit error) occurs. So he will resend CAN Frame. But CAN controller in PSoC will resend or Firmware running on PSoC has to be written in such a way that whenever the Txed interrupt is generated ISR will resend the frame on to the bus?

Can you suggest us any other documents that useful for programming CAN module.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Naik.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Team,

I am waiting for your response. Please help me out with my queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Naik.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Team,

I am waiting for your response. Please help me out with my queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Naik.

0 Likes
harshadap_76
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Abhishek,

Send of error frame and ACK etc. are taken care by CAN component itself.

You don't need to write extra firmware for this.

Hope this helps.

Please feel free to update for any query.

Regards

Harshada

0 Likes