1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2017 12:08 PM by chli_1922061 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Fix Function Timer Component help
        chli_1922061

Hi all!

I know this thread is old and dead, but I'd like to share my "solution" to this problem for everyone having same issue today:

I was also looking for a simple SW-only solution, and here it is: Just call the _Init(); function of the timer PRIOR to the (re)start.

The init will reset the timer (start calls init only the very first time!).

Oh, and use the TC-Pin as output.

That's it! You got a simple, SW-controlled OneShot-Timer with minimal HW-ressources.

I hope someone will find this helpful and Cypress will one day mention this in the Datasheet...

• 31. Re: Fix Function Timer Component help
          JoMe_264151

Hi Christian.

When I need to restart a timer I usually write a zero into the period register using the appropriate API. Works with counters too.

Bob

Are you living in Germany? I am located near Bremen.

• 32. Re: Fix Function Timer Component help
            chli_1922061

Hi Bob!

Does wirting a zero also reset a OneShot FF-Timer?

Going further, I'm using now the interrupt output, and restart the timer with the init-function only. Nice thing is, this way the you get a delayed "high" output wich persists until you call init - great for "windowed interrupts"!

Actually yes, I'm living in Germany...near Lindau (am Bodensee), so quite far away

Regards,

Chris

1 2 3 Previous Next