UART not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone:

I need some help with an example code. This is about using ADC and UART. Unfortunately for some strange reason, UART is not printing any result as expected. I used both teraterm and putty without any luck.

I am attaching my workspace bundle. Could an expert have a quick look and help me with some pointers. Thanks in advance to PSOC community.

Best,

Apoorva

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

2017-10-28.pngOkay I tried your program and it works okay on my machine.  Some things to check. Open device manager in windows and check for the port that kit prog is using.  Mine was comm 4 yours may be different. open Putty and change the port to the one you saw in the device manager. Then set the Baud rate to the baud rate of your program it was 115200 .  You should be getting information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The pin definition for your Tx pin will be choosen by the fitter because you did not specify a pin (and locked it).

Assuming that you use a CY8CKIT-042 BLE Pioneer kit the Tx pin must be P1_4. Have a look into the schematcs under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A Kit\1.0\Hardware\BLE Pioneer Board"

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Bob.

The fitter chooses p1[5] for UART tx on its own. Still I am not able to get anything on UART. I am puzzled. In fact I tried to run many other UART examples, but couldn't succeed in running any.

Best,

Apoorva

0 Likes

Are you using a self-made pcb or a Cypress kit (which one)?

You may select the Tx pin yourself. When using a CY8CKIT-042 BLE Pioneer kit choose P1_4

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

2017-10-28.pngOkay I tried your program and it works okay on my machine.  Some things to check. Open device manager in windows and check for the port that kit prog is using.  Mine was comm 4 yours may be different. open Putty and change the port to the one you saw in the device manager. Then set the Baud rate to the baud rate of your program it was 115200 .  You should be getting information.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you user_242978793​. Its working now. Thanks Bob for looking into the issue.

0 Likes