Using unconfigured SCB for SPI and UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

I've been working on a project based on CYBLE-022001-00 in which I needed two serial interfaces (1 I2C on SCB0 and 1 SPI on SCB1).

Now I need to add a UART channel and I was thinking to share SCB1. The configuration is the following:

MISO P4[1]

MOSI P4[0]

SCLK P5[1]

TX P3[5]

RX P3[4]

The SPI CS is manually managed.

I've tried to follow the following examples without any luck:

- SCB_UnconfiguredComm Example Project 1.0

- Time-Sharing a PSoC® 4 Serial Communication Block (SCB) Between Two Functions – KBA90605

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you program the flash image to the chip it will reconfigure the pins at that time only; So you won't be able to change the pins during run-time I believe.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You cannot use two configurations for an SCB at the same time. Re-configuring will not change the pins used because the connections are dedicated.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

thanks for your reply.

I don't want to use two configurations at the same time. I just want to know if, at different times, I can have SCB1 configured as SPI on P4[0], P4[1] and P5[1] and then switch to the UART configuration on P3[4] and P3[5].

Davide

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you program the flash image to the chip it will reconfigure the pins at that time only; So you won't be able to change the pins during run-time I believe.

0 Likes