can I connect a hyperbus ram and a flash device on the same bus ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be great to have the option to have two devices and fit as necessary, is this possible and and if so whats issue might I see?

The bus seems to lend itself to this and would just need a chip select per device as far as I can see but am concerned about terminating the bus correctly especially if using a differential clock

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
ZhiF_31
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi David,

Certainly it is possible. In fact, Cypress does provide a Multi-Chip Package (MCP) that has both HyperRAM and HyperFlash in it. With the same small form factor and pin counts, you will have RAM and Flash on the same bus. In some applications, users may even be able to get rid of the usual DDR memory, thus save a lot of pin counts and cost.

I suggest you consult with your local Cypress FAEs or Sales for further information regarding to the HyperRAM/HyperFlash MCP.

Best regards,

Zhi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ZhiF_31
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hi David,

Certainly it is possible. In fact, Cypress does provide a Multi-Chip Package (MCP) that has both HyperRAM and HyperFlash in it. With the same small form factor and pin counts, you will have RAM and Flash on the same bus. In some applications, users may even be able to get rid of the usual DDR memory, thus save a lot of pin counts and cost.

I suggest you consult with your local Cypress FAEs or Sales for further information regarding to the HyperRAM/HyperFlash MCP.

Best regards,

Zhi

0 Likes