PSoC 4 BLE as BLE transceiver for PSoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaHe_1325231
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hi

I would like to connect a PSoC BLE to a PSoC 5LP and use the PSoC BLE as a transceiver for the circuit. What would be the best way to connect the two PSoC's and communication protocol to use? UART & AT? SPI?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Paddy

0 Likes
1 Solution

so uart to uart PSoC to PSoC ? Yes, exacttly. For transceivers it is much easier to write a UART protocol. There is no need for you to implement an AT-protocol over UART, you may use your own protocol. For pure sensors (one direction only) it is better to use master-slave constructs as i2C or SPI.

Bob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Best choice for a transceiver will be UART. Slaves cannot talk, they only can be questioned/polled for data.

Bob

Hi Bob

thank you a always. Just to be clear it's a PSoC BLE I want to use as a BLE transceiver so uart to uart PSoC to PSoC ?

regards

0 Likes

so uart to uart PSoC to PSoC ? Yes, exacttly. For transceivers it is much easier to write a UART protocol. There is no need for you to implement an AT-protocol over UART, you may use your own protocol. For pure sensors (one direction only) it is better to use master-slave constructs as i2C or SPI.

Bob