How to change mac address BCM2073x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using BCM20732S, but when i build code all BCM20732S (4 chip) is one MAC ADDRESS!

Please help me change other MAC ADDRESS

0 Likes
1 Solution
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The new SDK 2.1.0 allows you to set the MAC address when downloading the firmware to the device.

If you want the MAC address to be 1234567890AB then the make command would be:

make hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=1234567890AB

If you want the MAC address to be a random value then the make command would be:

make hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random

View solution in original post

13 Replies
StBa_721356
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The new SDK 2.1.0 allows you to set the MAC address when downloading the firmware to the device.

If you want the MAC address to be 1234567890AB then the make command would be:

make hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=1234567890AB

If you want the MAC address to be a random value then the make command would be:

make hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=random

MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Hi, mwf_mmfae

One of our customer will have MP schedule soon. By the way, customer has trouble in changing BD_ADDR.

I am really know how to change in development process, i.e. by using make options or changing "DLConfigBD_ADDRBase" in btp file.

However, it's difficult in using while producing mass products because it may take so much time.

So, could you provide special tools to change bd_address for Windows?

Otherwise, could you provide chipload.exe to use bd_address as options?

i.e ./chipload.exe [-option BD_ADDRESS] .....

Thanks,

Sung-Mok Lee

0 Likes

j.t is working on an update to the blog you referenced earlier that will provide some direction on updating BD_ADDRs in production (may require that you write a simple script).  More to follow.

0 Likes

Hi mwf_mmfae and j.t

May I ask when the blog will be updated approximatively? Our customer would like to know more detail schedule because the manufacturer has schedule to produce about Dec of this year.

Thanks

Sung-Mok Lee

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sung-mok_lee

We are currently working on updates to the BLOG - We did start:

BD_ADDR: Changing your Board Address for Development and Production

We have added a Perl Script that might be helpful and I am getting the definitions gathered today.

It should be completed by tomorrow

Thanks

JT

0 Likes

@_j.t has updated the Blog with new material: BD_ADDR: Changing your Board Address for Development and Production

I think you will find this helpful.

apalmer davestu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on from this thread....is it possible for the application running on the module to change the BD_ADDR. I have a serial link using the puart and looking forward to production would like to install a standard HEX file and then change the BD_ADDR using the serial link ( program a unique ID to each device).

Thanks

Lloyd

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou! I chaged it

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to use sequential number for each device in production.

Is there any recommended way for this?

0 Likes

Well, this is easy:

1. build your project with a MAC address of 1234567890AB:

make hello_sensor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 build BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS=1234567890AB

2. open the resulting .hex file with a Test Editor. The second line contains the MAC address in little-endian format. Here an example:

:280000000xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx0400FFFFFFFF400600AB9078563412020A008005000040010000000467

3. change the MAC address to the desired value

You can just use a modified hex file for each device in production.

Of course you might want to write an app which automatically generates hex files with sequential numbers of the MAC address.

Please note that the lines in the hex file might contain a checksum and thus you might have to modify this as well when changing the portion of the MAC address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very useful for me !