Is it possible SPI slave mode macro on PSoC 4 BLE with SPI Master on other MCU (STM32) ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chbuc_1650646
Level 2
Level 2

I try to many times for test communication  with SPI between STM32 (master) and PSoC 4 BLE (slave mode macro).  With my configured on SPI of PSoC device by external clock 6 MHz so bit rate equal 3 Mbps (up to 5 Mbps) and on STM32 configured  3 Mbps same 8 bit data size and CPHA  CPOL mode, it's not work

***worked on SPI SCB component***

0 Likes
7 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you make sure that the supply voltage level is matching between the Master and Slave?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

thanks for reply Hima

both device base on 3.3v

Thanks,

Chatchai

0 Likes

Can you probe the MISO line and check what data is being given by PSoC, is this junk data, or no data or the expected data being shifted?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought: connecting the grounds used by both modules to ensure the voltage references between the boards are the same

0 Likes

hi e.pratt and hima

all connection and voltage is good

i test with "SCB" component it can work can receive data, but not on "Macro" component.

and i test with probe data and clock is good from  master device but PSOC can't receive

Thanks,

Chatchai

0 Likes

Hello,

Is there any specific reason in  using the macro component instead of the SCB.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

hello,

My prototype device designed on macro component for communication.

however, i have uart scb for this. if i need spi for next design i will choose SCB component

Thanks,
Chatchai

0 Likes