Adapting Sensorless FOC to another motor is not working (CY8CKIT-037)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I have seen a same problem in a recent thread but it is incomplete, the question was unanswered.

Problem:Motor Rotates for few seconds then  stops all i can hear now is jittering sound  without any error.Tried tuning as mentioned in AN93637

1.BLDC motor 24V,1.2A has a sinusoidal  bemf,with 8 poles,3.1 Ohms(line to line),0.002H(line to line) ,2800 Rated speed,Winding type Star connection

2.It is rotating in open loop.probably, switching to closed loop control is getting failed,so tried  increasing smoEst.slideError parameter to higher value however it is not working.

3.The motor with kit BLY172S-24V-4000 has delta type winding ,could that be any problem since the motor  am using has y type winding?

It would be great if any one could give an advice.

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you change these setting in the program to fit your motor? in you kit manual at section and other sections after that.

5.3.6 Adapting the Example Project to another Motor. Also you as the end user must debug these settings yourself.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

What is the part number of the motor you are using and do you have a spec sheet.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Model Number:ZWL12‐22‐2.5Screenshot_20171014-192441.jpg

0 Likes

Did you change these setting in the program to fit your motor? in you kit manual at section and other sections after that.

5.3.6 Adapting the Example Project to another Motor. Also you as the end user must debug these settings yourself.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea i have checked both documents ,problem is its not running in closed loop.

i hope some one can give any suggestion 

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Raj,

Some debugging suggestions:

#1 Check if the LED2 is blinking at 1Hz.

Now we can use PSoC Creator debugger to find the source of error

#2 Start the debugging

#3 Put breakpoint on the line if(secFlag) line 107 in main.c

#4 Run the debugging

#5 When the motor stops the debugger will reach the breakpoint

#6 Check the value in the variable 'errState'

Post your observations here.

Jobin GT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions Jobin.

Actually  LED is not blinking that means  no error it is in run state but not rotating .

At First motor is running for few seconds later it stops with continuous beep sound  without any error  no blinking of led.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Am still unable to solve it tried changing all the tuning variables mentioned in the pdf but motor doesn't rotate.

Is there anything in particular which am missing?

Any help would be great

Thanks

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I was never able to get a schematic of the winding for this motor.  The board only has four connections and you have 6 or 8 I am not sure as you have not stated that information. So I am asking you how many wires does the motor have?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

3phase motor,only three wires

0 Likes