Problem to build FX3 firware example with Eclipse

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I try to build an fireware example from your FX3 SDK on Eclipse, but when I build a project I still have the same error.

======================================================

make all
Building file: ../cyfx_gcc_startup.S
Invoking: ARM Sourcery Linux GCC Assembler
/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: not found
arm-none-eabi-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -I"/home/thierry/Desktop/Cypress/FX3_SDK_B724/cyfx3sdk/firmware/u3p_firmware/inc" -Wall -Wa,-adhlns="cyfx_gcc_startup.o.lst" -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"cyfx_gcc_startup.d" -MT"cyfx_gcc_startup.d" -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -g -gdwarf-2 -o "cyfx_gcc_startup.o" "../cyfx_gcc_startup.S"
make: *** [cyfx_gcc_startup.o] Error 127

=======================================================

I try to resolve it since few days but I need advise and help.

It is my first project on FX3 SDK.

I tried to look for a solution with FX3 GUID, FX3 Manual Programmer and FX3 support but I didn't it.

Best regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thierry,

Looks like the compiler is not able to find the location of arm-none-eabi-gcc. Are you following the steps given in 11.2.2.1 of FX3 programmers manual to the dot?

Did you install a version of FX3 SDK and then migrate to another version?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I think I found the solution... I download the bad SDK for my application.

Best regards

Thierry

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too cannot build the example firmware. It complains that it cannot find cyfx3gpio.h.

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
cyfx3gpio.h: No such file or directory    gpio_test.c    /Fx3BootAppGcc    line 1    C/C++ Problem
make: *** [gpio_test.o] Error 1    Fx3BootAppGcc        line 0    C/C++ Problem

I also have 2 warnings that:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Eclipse\include).    Fx3BootAppGcc        pathentry    Path Entry Problem

My Documents\Eclipse is the Workspace path.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I am able to build the project, after building project without error, I am not able to debug the error and run, instead getting the same error as below ones.

error while launching command gdb-- version

Thank you, please help on this. 

0 Likes

HI Joyce,

1. You need to make sure that you have installed a vaild version J-link tool( I guess you use it) and have a correct configuration.

2. You need to make a correct Debug configuraionin Eclipse. Check with the video attached.

Video Link : 1531

0 Likes