Creator 4.1 update 1: First clean and build fails, second clean and build works

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Creator 4.1 update 1, after grabbing from the repository I need to build twice.  To kick off the initial build, I use Build->Clean and Build All Projects.  The build will fail on a file generated by the fitter and take a long time to come back.  (The file seems to have a lot of null characters in it).  After the first build fails (takes about 3 or 4 minutes where Creator seems to be waiting for some sort of timeout), I then choose Build->Clean and Build All Projects a second time.  This time the build completes without errors within 30 or 40 seconds).

Only difficult aspect of the workspace is that the project is using an external library.  (The dependencies are set properly to depend on the external library, and the external library builds properly before getting to the main project where the build fails).  The file that is failing is not part of the library, but it is a simple clock signal being fed into the library using the schematic tool.

This issue is more of annoyance than anything.  The workspace is stored in a repository, so there is the possibility that the timestamps of all the files are essentially the same.  No generated files are stored in the repository (and doing a clean build should remove those files anyway).

I did not run into this issue on previous versions of Creator, but at that time I also did not have any external libraries (besides the standard ones) being linked to the application.

1 Solution

I tried to reproduce the behavior but was unable to do so I given the first Clean and build and all builded successfully in Creator 4.1 Update1

pastedImage_0.png

You can try reinstalling the Creator4.1 update1.It may be a system specific issue also.Please mention the OS and .NET framework Version in the system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you please provide us with your project.It will help us in recreating the issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure can.  Sorry about not attaching it before, but thought maybe somebody else had seen this issue so there might be a quick fix.  This is an archive made directly from the repository.  I just verified that it displays this issue.  (i.e. first clean and build fails because one of the generated files contains a whole bunch of null characters, while a second clean and build works properly).  I have multiple workspaces that display this issue, but this is the simplest one.

0 Likes

I tried to reproduce the behavior but was unable to do so I given the first Clean and build and all builded successfully in Creator 4.1 Update1

pastedImage_0.png

You can try reinstalling the Creator4.1 update1.It may be a system specific issue also.Please mention the OS and .NET framework Version in the system.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To try and figure out what is going on, I uninstalled Creator 3.2 and

Creator 4.1 update 1. My computer is windows 7 with .NET Framework 4.7

installed. I then re-installed Creator 4.1 update 1. Opened the project

and did a clean and build, and saw the same issue as before.

Hopefully the added info will help you reproduce the issue.

0 Likes

After opening the project in Creator4.1 Update1, have you updated the components present in the project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had updated the components, so that didn't seem to be the issue.  I believe it has something to do SVN checkout from the repository.  I grabbed the zip file that I archived, and that one worked the first time.  As such, I really believe it is an SVN/PSOC creator issue.  Since it doesn't really affect most people, I'll mark the original response as the correct answer.  Thanks for independently verifying that it was working.

0 Likes