Customizing the CY8CKIT-145-40XX PSoC® 4000S CapSense Prototyping Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I use the PSOC4 and PSOC5LP prototyping kits, I am interested in the CY8CKIT-145-40XX PSoC® 4000S CapSense Prototyping Kit , for an home automation project.

This kit specifically.

CY8CKIT-145-40XX PSoC® 4000S CapSense Prototyping Kit | Cypress Semiconductor

I would like to know more about the sensor pads on this kit. Is it possible to use our own design of sensor pads, say I would like to use smaller size buttons, is it possible to print a PCB with the buttons/sliders on it and then implement a touch based push button using the CY8CKIT-145-40XX controller card.

Are these simply PCBs, or do they have some chips embedded inside ?? The terminals indicate Rx, Tx etc. is there any kind of digital communication going on between the sensor pad and the controller ??

The above kit shows a total of 3 buttons and one slider, is it possible to have more buttons using the same control card ?? Instead of this can a PCB of my own dimension be used, containing appropriate number of buttons and sliders printed on it ??

I use another PSOC prototyping kit...PSoC® 4 CY8CKIT-049 4xxx

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-4-cy8ckit-049-4xxx-prototyping-kits

This to has a cap sense module, I have used a wire as shown in the demo video to test out the cap sense feature, can a simple touch based button/slider be implemented on a PCB similar to the CY8CKIT-145-40XX ??

I apologize if my queries sound too vague ......

thanks

a

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

CY8CKIT-145-40XX kit comes with PSOC4000S device on it and also the Kit prog which is on board programmer and debugger.

1.The Buttons on the Kit as you can see are the mutual Cap based buttons, Therefore you can see one RX and TX pads connected to them.

2. The board has pins from the PSOC4000S device routes to the headers in the edges. You can connect these pins to your board which has buttons/sliders printed on them and use them for your design.

3.The kit prog implemented the USB-UART bridge which you can use and connect to the system for communication.

Thanks,

Ranjith

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

CY8CKIT-145-40XX kit comes with PSOC4000S device on it and also the Kit prog which is on board programmer and debugger.

1.The Buttons on the Kit as you can see are the mutual Cap based buttons, Therefore you can see one RX and TX pads connected to them.

2. The board has pins from the PSOC4000S device routes to the headers in the edges. You can connect these pins to your board which has buttons/sliders printed on them and use them for your design.

3.The kit prog implemented the USB-UART bridge which you can use and connect to the system for communication.

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Likes