We are working with the CY8C20x66A (CY3280-20x66 Universal CapSense Controller), and the boss wants us to do proximity detection with it. Has anyone tried capsense proximity on this legacy part?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StWa_1982846
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I am reading the App Notes AN64846 and AN92239, with lots of hints about proximity detection, but don't see any examples for the 20x66 line. Is proximity too difficult for this part? I see the 1st Touch Starter kit uses the 21434 (did proximity but now out of production). What does it have that 20x66 doesn't?

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Steve,

We do not recommend CY8C20xx6A for proximity detection. I suggest that you consider our newest PSoC4 family for CapSense Proximity detection. We have a ready to go kit, CY8CKIT-024 for this. This kit works in conjunction with either CY8CKIT-040 or CY8CKIT-042. We also have a proximity demonstration with a more economical kit CY8CKIT-049.

Sampath

0 Likes

Sampath,

We understand that the newer family is suggested and more supported for prox. det. This is obvious. Nevertheless we have strong reasons for continuing to use the 20666A. The button wizard has a prox. det. button to select. I want to use it. There isn't any API (to speak of) for it. We feel you can do better.

0 Likes