gccCyBLEStack_BLE_SOC_PERIPHERAL.a: No such file or directory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated from psoc 3.3 -> 4.1, now getting this error when compiling...Checked the lcoation and this file exists there....

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure to:

• Update all components in the project to the latest (right click project, and select "Update Components")
  • Try Clean and Build rather than just Build to make sure extraneous files are being deleted/not used.
  • I pulled in the BLE Cycling Sensor from here: PSoC-4-BLE/PSoC_4_BLE_Cycling_Sensor.zip at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub andd it seemed to build fine
  • Based on the error, it looks like the failed file include is occurring in the generated file folders. Thus, worst case, you can try rebuilding the project from scratch and it should fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the file includes might have been messed up; Can you give more information about the error?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Map,.\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/PSoC_4_BLE_Pressure_Sensor.map -T Generated_Source\PSoC4\cm0gcc.ld -specs=nano.specs -Wl,--gc-sections -g -ffunction-sections -O0 -ffat-lto-objects -Wl,--end-group

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: ..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib\BLE_v3_40\Library\gccCyBLEStack_BLE_SOC_PERIPHERAL.a: No such file or directory

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

Can't build an example from the "100 projects in 100 days"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure to:

• Update all components in the project to the latest (right click project, and select "Update Components")
  • Try Clean and Build rather than just Build to make sure extraneous files are being deleted/not used.
  • I pulled in the BLE Cycling Sensor from here: PSoC-4-BLE/PSoC_4_BLE_Cycling_Sensor.zip at master · cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE · GitHub andd it seemed to build fine
  • Based on the error, it looks like the failed file include is occurring in the generated file folders. Thus, worst case, you can try rebuilding the project from scratch and it should fix the issue.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

this seems to happen with i roll back the I2C module from 4.0 to 3.2. I'd rather use 3.2 for various reasons...Any idea how to fix this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm; Not really.

Possibly, it could be the order of updating/rolling back causing it, but that seems unlikely.

So, you could try getting an older project that has a 3.2 I2C module already, and then only update the other components that you want to be the latest, leaving the I2C module alone. This would remove the possibility of the I2C version rollback being the cause of the issue. But it wouldn't necessarily fix it imo.

You could try looking through the generated I2C files and comparing the differences between the 4.0 and 3.2 generated files for differences, and specifically looking for file includes, definitions, etc. that would be causing the missing file error you are seeing. Since the file that is showing up as "not missing" is actually in the project still, it might be something as simple as the wrong filepath to the file.

Epratt

0 Likes
ZiSh_3434191
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 5 questions asked First like received

I had the same error, and fixed it by moving the project to a simpler path, like C:\cypress\

See this thread:

Bug in PSoC Creator 4.2 due to path length and using home folder (your code doesn't build)

0 Likes