How to Implement bootloader between Raspberry Pi and PSOC 5Lp chip?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Every one,

I have a psoc5lp chip. I want to update the firmware remotely via spi communication through raspberry pi. In order to do this, I need to implement bootloader. My question is how i can programm it?

I have no idea how to do this.

I will look forward to your suggestions.

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

"Target Device(PSOC 5) will contain: Bootloader+communication+bootloadable components in one single project." Not quite,

Bootloader and communication is one project.

Bootloadable and its components is a second project. The flash memory allocation will be handled by Creator.

I remember that some guys had problems using interfaces on the Pi. Try to set up a communication between Pi and PSoC first before you start to program the bootlader host.

Bob

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You will need a bootloader host application on your raspberry. The sources are already on your PC, look in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.1\PSoC Creator\cybootloaderutils

You can adapt the bootloader regarding your interface you want to use on the pi.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob for your reply!

Just for my clarification:

Target Device(PSOC 5) will contain: Bootloader+communication+bootloadable components in one single project.

Host device: in my case raspberry pi will have the communication + bootloader (with souses u gave me in the link)?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards

0 Likes

"Target Device(PSOC 5) will contain: Bootloader+communication+bootloadable components in one single project." Not quite,

Bootloader and communication is one project.

Bootloadable and its components is a second project. The flash memory allocation will be handled by Creator.

I remember that some guys had problems using interfaces on the Pi. Try to set up a communication between Pi and PSoC first before you start to program the bootlader host.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I would try it and will get back to you.

Thank you once again Bob

0 Likes

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

I implement the bootloadable component in my project. But, now it seems that it is not working (it is not generating the .cyacd file). It shows warning that "implicit decleration is invalid". Please find the project file and a snapshot.

I will look forward for your reply!

Regardsbootloadable.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

project file attached above "with origional question"

0 Likes