CY8CKIT-042-BLE I2C connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to interface a FRDM-STBC-AGM01 sensor board to the above mentioned kit,

Is there I2C available on the CY8CKIT-042-BLE board which can be used for interfacing external I2C devices, if yes then what is i2c bridge? does it pose any conflict?

Can I use UART, (using UART- USB bridge)  at the same time while using I2C.   

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

There is no specific pins compatible for the FRDM-STBC-AGM01 module as such. However for interfacing I2C module with PSoC4-BLE you can use any of the pins assigned by Creator.

You can use the USB-UART bridge in the kitprog same time as the USB-I2C bridge.

If your question is to have the kit acting like a USB I2C bridge then you will need to directly connect the I2C pins to P12.0 (SCL) and P12.1 (SDA) of the PSoC5LP in the kit.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

There is no specific pins compatible for the FRDM-STBC-AGM01 module as such. However for interfacing I2C module with PSoC4-BLE you can use any of the pins assigned by Creator.

You can use the USB-UART bridge in the kitprog same time as the USB-I2C bridge.

If your question is to have the kit acting like a USB I2C bridge then you will need to directly connect the I2C pins to P12.0 (SCL) and P12.1 (SDA) of the PSoC5LP in the kit.

Thanks,

Hima