FX2LP HID kb leads to computer stuck during booting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
johsc_2659821
Level 1
Level 1

Hi :

Our customers reported an issue related USB.

Our product used a Cypress FX2 Cy7c68013(USB FIFO) combined with a DSP. We designed the Cypress FX2 Cy7c68013 to be USB FIFO and supported two interfaces that one is HID Keyboard another one is Bulk.

The attachment "slave_syncB_Fifo_ep246_kb_V106.rar" is our program. It is operating fine on windows but if I plug up USB to a computer after then I turn on the computer. It will occur that the computer’s booting process is stuck about 20~30 sec(different computer has different symptom...) please refer attachment: "hid_kb_during_pc_booting_stuck.jpg".

I’ve tried to test a Cy3684 EZ-USB Development Board installed hid_kb example which was from CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK (1.0). The symptom appears again. I used an USB Analyzer to record the enumeration when the computer was in BIOS. I also record a Standard HID Keyboard. The attachment "USB_Package.rar" included two record files.

"Standard_KB_Windows.usb" is standard HID Keyboard’s. "Cypress_HID_KB_Bios.usb" is Cy3684 EZ-USB Development Board’s.

My USB Analyzer is Advisor T3. Software is USB Protocol Suite 4.60.1406.

I compared both, and I found a weird condition in "Cypress_HID_KB_Bios.usb". Please refer the attachment "Cypress_HID_KB_Bios.jpg". Why it send out a HID Mouse report? We didn’t set HID Mouse.

I checked the issue can be reappears on motherboard : ASUS P8Z77-V LKASUS Z97-PRO.

Has anyone met this issue? and how the solve it? Please help me.

thank you a lot.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Joseph,

- Please note that there are a few files that are missing in your slave_synB_Fifo_ep246_kb_V106.rar and as a consequence, I was unable to build the firmware.

- I tried the hid_kb firmware which comes with the DVK and the PC boots up properly.

- Please download that the latest version of FX2LP DVK that is available on the web. Please find the same in the below link. Also, let us know if the issue still persists after using the firmware from this DVK.

CY3684 EZ-USB FX2LP Development Kit | Cypress Semiconductor

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi Srinath:

I've tried the latest version of FX2LP DVK. The issue still persists.

This issue doesn't happen on every computer but It happens on motherboard : ASUS P8Z77-V LK、ASUS Z97-PRO which I have tested, and some computers of customer.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello Joseph,

Please let us know the OS version and the corresponding driver which you are using.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Srinath :

This issue happens on BIOS.

I plug in the FX2LP DVK(with HID_KB example) before PC turns on. While PC is booting, the PC booting process will be stuck.

I also tested that PC entered BIOS then plugged in the FX2LP DVK(with HID_KB example), PC was frozen after then removed it, PC recovered.

Attachment is information of the PC.

Thank you. !

0 Likes