EZ Click cannot detect CY3280-MBR3 Evaluation kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just purchased MBR3 evaluation kit and installed EZ Click and played around with the module for a short while. Somehow after i clicked "Select Target device" and then choose external power, the EZ Click IDE freezes and I terminated the program and restart, after that the evaluation kit is not longer detected, in "Select Target device" window, Devices is always empty but there is Ports info

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: SOLVED

Can confirm that the problem was that I accidentally applied an externally regulated mode configuration (i.e. Supply voltage as 1.8 (+-5%) under the Global configuration tab) and that is why EZ Click couldn't see the device.

This is actually mentioned explicitly in the CY3280-MBR3 EVK User Guide in Section 4.3.3.1 and the way to fix it is to solder a 0 ohm resistor (or just a wire) to the R84 and R85 resistor pads on the board.
See Section 4.3.3.1 for more details on this and explicit instructions for switching modes

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I updated Global configuation -> Supply voltage to 1.8(5%) and applied to the evaluation kit and this is likely the root cause that EZ Click loses connection to the device. Is there a way to rollback to original state?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and your suggested cause make sense as that's what I did.
The User Guide does have a section on restoring to the factory default using the Bridge Control Panel, which I'm looking at now. Have you tried that or something similar? I'm curious to know if you were able to communicate to the device that way.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: SOLVED

Can confirm that the problem was that I accidentally applied an externally regulated mode configuration (i.e. Supply voltage as 1.8 (+-5%) under the Global configuration tab) and that is why EZ Click couldn't see the device.

This is actually mentioned explicitly in the CY3280-MBR3 EVK User Guide in Section 4.3.3.1 and the way to fix it is to solder a 0 ohm resistor (or just a wire) to the R84 and R85 resistor pads on the board.
See Section 4.3.3.1 for more details on this and explicit instructions for switching modes