Availability of CYW43907chipsets/modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working with the Evaluation kit for CYW43907. When I can expect to buy the chipsets to build my own solution? Additionally, if I can be put it in touch with a sales or support engineering (Seattle area) that would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Vamsi

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Chip down engagements are not typically supported, but we have several module partners that leverage the 43907 within their broad market products.

They are all listed here in the IoT Solutions Guide

A list of franchised is here:Distributors

They could help convey an understanding of what would be needed for a chip down solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Chip down engagements are not typically supported, but we have several module partners that leverage the 43907 within their broad market products.

They are all listed here in the IoT Solutions Guide

A list of franchised is here:Distributors

They could help convey an understanding of what would be needed for a chip down solution.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so if I understand correctly, we cannot directly buy chips from Cypress but we can buy modules from partners such as Murata which are based on chipset. If we go high enough volume, maybe then we can directly source chips from Cypress?

0 Likes

Module partners through our partner ecosystem is the primary engagement vehicle almost all customers use, regardless of volume.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the clarification, I understand how the supply chain works now.

We are currently using the CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation kit from Cypress which is based on the LBWA1UZ1GC-958 module by Murata. However, we are unable to order small quantities of the module from distributors such as Digikey. Only LBWA1UZ1GC-901 module by Murata which is based on their Electric Imp cloud platform solution is available at small quantities. Are the two modules functionally equivalent i.e. based on our experience with the Cypress dev. kit, can we use the LBWA1UZ1GC-901 module in the design. If the answer is negative, then can you point us to other modules from your partners which we can buy at small quantities and is functionally equivalent to LBWA1UZ1GC-958 module used in the Cypress development kit.

0 Likes

The Electric imp module comes pre-loaded with their SW platform, which is a higher level turn key application.

Let me check internally to see what I can do.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Just to put my question in context, we bought the CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation kit from Cypress and built the key pieces of our solution using the development kit for some initial testing. We love using the WICED studio development interface and now are looking to spin out our own board. However, when I looked into it, it turns out that the Murata module used in the development k kit connote be bought at low volume. In summary we would like to get a module which can be programmed using the WICED studio and is functionally similar to the one used in the Cypress development kit.

0 Likes

I have spoken to Murata and understand that you have reached out to them as well.  They understand the issue and have gotten your local Murata sales rep involved.

ghouse

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your help. I will wait for the contact from the local Murarta sales rep.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I haven't heard from a Murata sales rep. in a week. Can you please send me contact information of Murata to my private email and I will get in touch with them instead.

Thanks,

Vamsi

0 Likes