How to select BLE 4.1 Module in PSOC 4/4.1 ? It only shows either BLE Smart or BLE Smart 4.2 and No 4.1 !!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I am working with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit using PSOC 4 and 4.1 but what I see is that my kit has a BLE 4.1 whereas I cannot find a BLE 4.1 module either PSOC 4 or 4.1. All I see is either a BLE Smart Module or a BLE Smart 4.2 module. So, how do I add the BLE 4.1 module in my design ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello Anuj Dutt,

The module marked as 4.2 in Creator doesn't means it will support only 4.2 features. It means, it can support 4.2 features as well.

It is compatible with 4.1 features as well. If you select 4.1 device  in device selector, all 4.1 features you can use, but not 4.2. If you select 4.2 device , you can use 4.1 as well as 4.2 features.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

You will get the 4.2 component as it is the upgraded Component from 4.1. is there a reason you want to use the old revision?

AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello Anuj Dutt,

The module marked as 4.2 in Creator doesn't means it will support only 4.2 features. It means, it can support 4.2 features as well.

It is compatible with 4.1 features as well. If you select 4.1 device  in device selector, all 4.1 features you can use, but not 4.2. If you select 4.2 device , you can use 4.1 as well as 4.2 features.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes