PSoC Creator failed to load assembly after component update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have got two types of errors after component update:

First type is failure of loading assembly:

The instance 'RTC', of component RTC_P4_v1_20, contains an error. Failed to load assembly, 'C:\Users\(user accont)\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.1\customizer_cache\Downloads ( 4.1)_c7f833895850f9cf7a53bc51f9fc03188f983724cc4ac6f8c0d47bf7901b7cf4.dll'

Second type is failure of finding resx file:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\(user account)\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib\SCB_P4_v4_0\Custom\Tabs\I2C\cyi2ctab.resx'.

Both has happened right after the component update. Is there any way of fixing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The suggested method did not work. After some struggle I figured that both workspace file and the central repository were damaged. I had to delete the workspace, recreate it, then I was able to update the components.

In retrospect, what has happened is that I opened the workspace twice, i.e. having two PSoC Creators opened the same workspace file. Then one of the PSoC Creator tried to update the components while other PSoC Creator is using the components, ended up damaging both the workspace file and the repository.

Strange thing about this is that the PSoC Creator creates temporary folder under

C:\Users\(user account)\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib

before it breaks, leaving the workspace file pointing the above directory. That is what the error message says.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

You can go to Tools>Find New Components -

pastedImage_0.png

Or can go to previous version of RTC component in Update Components option

Also provide us with your project to check the bevavior on PSoC Creator4.1 update1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The suggested method did not work. After some struggle I figured that both workspace file and the central repository were damaged. I had to delete the workspace, recreate it, then I was able to update the components.

In retrospect, what has happened is that I opened the workspace twice, i.e. having two PSoC Creators opened the same workspace file. Then one of the PSoC Creator tried to update the components while other PSoC Creator is using the components, ended up damaging both the workspace file and the repository.

Strange thing about this is that the PSoC Creator creates temporary folder under

C:\Users\(user account)\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.1\Downloads ( 4.1).cylib

before it breaks, leaving the workspace file pointing the above directory. That is what the error message says.

0 Likes