Cysmart OTA firmware update not working with galaxy S7 edge

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am testing the OTA firmware update feature using the upgradable stack. The firmware update process works correctly with a Moto G4 android device, but with a samsung galaxy S7 edge with android 7.0, the process is getting stuck in the enter bootloader command.

Has anyone else had this issue?

below is an image of the log.

IMG-20171004-WA0004.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little more info. We implemented the ota firmware upgrade source code from the cysmart app in our own app which worked correctly with the moto G4 and wasn't working with the galaxy S7 edge. That is why we tested with the cysmart app and had the same problem.

We solved the issue in our app by adding a delay after the bonding process and before turning on notifications. It seems there was a problem with the bonding because we would not receive any responses from the module, which is the same problem we had before when we didn't do the bonding process.

The part number we are using is part # CYBLE-222014-01

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fyi: That's not the full log, there is more as indicated by the "Scroll Down" button. If you can upload the full log that will help.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello,

Could you please let us know which part number you are using?

If you have any BLE sniffer, please sniff the logs and attach.

If you are using an Ez-BLE module, please make sure you are setting the ECO capacitor trim values as in the below KBA:

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

Thanks & Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same problem and have opened a MyCase ( #: 00378729) on the issue.  In my issue I'm using a slightly modified version of the upgradable stack OTA bootloader on custom hardware with a CY8C4248LQI-BL483.  Cypress support has asked me to test the Galaxy S7 / CySmart App with the upgradeable Stack bootloader example in AN97060 and I'm working on that.  I'll report back here with any progress.  My hardware/software does work with the CySmart App running on a iPhone6 and on some earlier Galaxy models as well as with the Windows CySmart App.

Cypress has replied that the update worked using a Galaxy S7 with CySmart Android App version 1.1.1.68 talking to the above mentioned Cypress example implemented on a Pioneer eval board with a CY8C4248LQI-BL483.  Meanwhile I'm going to point out this thread in the support case.

I attached the logs from the Galaxy S7 and S4 running the CySmart Android App.

-lance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the notifications settings/handling/enabling/disabling behave differently between the Galaxy S4 and S7? From the logs it looks like the software times out after enabling the notifications.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little more info. We implemented the ota firmware upgrade source code from the cysmart app in our own app which worked correctly with the moto G4 and wasn't working with the galaxy S7 edge. That is why we tested with the cysmart app and had the same problem.

We solved the issue in our app by adding a delay after the bonding process and before turning on notifications. It seems there was a problem with the bonding because we would not receive any responses from the module, which is the same problem we had before when we didn't do the bonding process.

The part number we are using is part # CYBLE-222014-01