PSoC Creator gets confused with two or more instances running?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

anyone experiencing PSoC Creator not able to build a project successful when two or more instances are running? In my case, it seems that PSoC Creator is not able to route the hardware schematic part successful, resulting in unconnected nets, etc. I had running another instance of PSoC Creator with another project, but didn't build that project (was just for copying some code snippets). The only thing worth to mention for that other project was that I've started the USB component customizer.

I'm using latest 4.1 version. I'll try to reproduce it, may open a case on technical support, but I want to ask if anyone else is experiencing this.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I have regulary open 4 to 8 instances of Creator 4.1 and never had any errors.

Running Windows Vista or Windows 10. Are you running a virtual OS as VMware?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please mention the steps to reproduce this issue in Creator4.1 Update1 for us to investigate

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I have regulary open 4 to 8 instances of Creator 4.1 and never had any errors.

Running Windows Vista or Windows 10. Are you running a virtual OS as VMware?

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

@anks: I tried to reproduce it, but currently it seems to be stable. Still investigating. As soon as I have such a behaviour again, I'll report.

@Bob: No VM or anything else. The affected workspace contains about ten projects, build is always made for current project, not whole workspace. At the time when the error occured, I had a 2nd instance open with a single USB project to review a code snippet. But nothing obvious which would explain the behaviour.

Regards

0 Likes