Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
500 replies posted 250 sign-ins 10 likes received

Hello

Q1)

Could you please let us know how to improve response time of MBR3 raw count change?

I would like to know tuning method of raw count change response time(Not response time until touch status becomes ON from OFF).

I think that below is tuning method.

But below(other than “Reduced capsense sensor”) has no effect if current active time(scan and process) is lower than 20ms.

Because scan interval at active mode is 20ms(fixed value).

=======================

Reduced Scan period.

Disabled filter.

Reduced capsense senor.

Reduced Sensitivity.

=======================

Is my understanding correct?

And could you please let us know other tuning method if you have it other than above.

Q2)

Could you please let us know HW modify points to improve MBR3 response time of raw count change?

I think that response time may improve if reducing CP.

=======================

Reduced CP -> Reduced resolution -> Reduced scan and process time -> improve response time

=======================

But above has no effect if current active time(scan and process) is lower than 20ms.

Because scan interval at active mode is 20ms(fixed value).

Is my above understanding correct?

And could you please let us know other HW modify points if you have it other than above.

Q3)

Active mode interval is fixed.

This interval is 20ms if active time(scan and process) is lower than 20ms.

Can user change this fixed 20ms value?

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Matsubara-san,

Q1. Your understanding is correct, you can also disable 'EMC noise immunity' if it is not required

Q2. Yes, the refresh time will the total scanning and processing time of sensors or 20 ms (typical) whichever is higher. You can refer the MBR3design guide for the complete layout guidelines in the following link

http://www.cypress.com/file/46366/download

Q3. This can't be reduced below 20 ms. It is configurable from 20ms to 500ms

MBR3 will be more optimal for configurable low power button design, if you need customize feature you may look PSoC 4 based solution.

Thanks,

Yuva.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Matsubara-san,

Q1. Your understanding is correct, you can also disable 'EMC noise immunity' if it is not required

Q2. Yes, the refresh time will the total scanning and processing time of sensors or 20 ms (typical) whichever is higher. You can refer the MBR3design guide for the complete layout guidelines in the following link

http://www.cypress.com/file/46366/download

Q3. This can't be reduced below 20 ms. It is configurable from 20ms to 500ms

MBR3 will be more optimal for configurable low power button design, if you need customize feature you may look PSoC 4 based solution.

Thanks,

Yuva.

0 Likes