how to interface ky001 Temperature sensor with Cy-8CKIT-042. I want to interface single ky001. Please help me.Even i am not able to find appropriate data on internet.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to interface ky001 Temperature sensor with Cy-8CKIT-042. I want to interface single ky001. Please help me.Even i am not able to find appropriate data on internet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
12 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is a program.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already tried this code but I do not get any value. But yes I received strMsg string in TeraTerm Window but It does not contain any value of sensor reading.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Did you add a 5k resistor to signal pin and connect other side of  the resistor the  + pin or J5 pin 7 ? Also the signal pin (S) connects to P3 pin 0 on your pioneer board and the +5V  pin + connects to J5 Pin 7 of the pioneer board and - or ground connects to J5 pin 3. You did say that you are getting the channel message on your terminal program. I usually jumper the UART out pins to P12 pin 6 and P12 Pin 7. See attached picture.  That way I can use the USB kitprog for a terminal using my favorite program PUTTY. pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

I have updated the program to show the UART wiring.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I put 4.7K resistor between Vdd and Signal Pin. I already connect UART Connection like this.And I am getting String at output side but it does not contain Temperature Value. I have check this program but in onewire.c it returns BusPresence=0;

So i come to know that my sensor is not detected. what to do next?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Port 3 Pin0 is not soldered so i use pore 1 pin 2. So is it ok? I have changed that accordingly in schematics.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i not able to open your uploaded program file. I upload the error message.Capture.PNG

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Sorry about the file I checked it and it didn't load for me. Here is a new file and it works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for help.

It is done. Actually everything was right in my coding but there is problem with the heap size of memory location that's why float values were not shown in my output string.

0 Likes