Losing project dependencies when switching branch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in PSoC Creator 4.1 that makes me lose my projects' dependencies when there is an outside change on the workspace file.

I have a workspace with multiple projects, and all projects are dependent on the components and code of one of those project. However, if I switch to a branch (git) which only has the "active project" different than my current branch (meaning the .cywrk gets overwritten outside of PSoC Creator), all the code dependencies are gone and I need to through each project's dependencies and activate the checkbox for "Code dependency" on the needed project.

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

The workaround for this issue is to close and re-open workspace or PSoC Creator. Re-opening the workspace is a faster means of accomplishing this. We will fix this issue in later release.

Thank you,

Jobin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you please share your Creator's workspace of projects here

0 Likes

Sorry, I can't do that.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Frederic,

All paths in project dependencies are relative to the project workspace folder.

When renaming, copying, or changing project path, only those dependencies stay, which relative path structure didn't change.

0 Likes

Hi,

The paths of my files don't change when I'm switching branches, it's only the code, and sometimes the .cysch and .cydwr.

I lose dependencies even when the only difference between two branches is the active project in the workspace.

0 Likes
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I've also just found out that this only happens when I'm switching branches when PSoC Creator is open. If I close Creator, switch branch, and reopen Creator, the project dependencies are fine.

0 Likes
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

The workaround for this issue is to close and re-open workspace or PSoC Creator. Re-opening the workspace is a faster means of accomplishing this. We will fix this issue in later release.

Thank you,

Jobin

0 Likes