How to add I2C Devices to OTA2_extract

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I would like to add a display for user information to the ota2_extract snippet. So the user stays informed about the actual boot process. When I try to add the u8g library (which I do in the main application) and try to send i2c data the ota2_extract program won't work anyhow.

Is it possible to add some i2c devices to the ota2_extract snippet?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

The u8g library works as expected. While adding some i2c devices to the ota2_extract snippet, you have to keep the memory constraints of the extract application in mind. In this case, the size of the extract application image was exceeding the constraint of 256k (check the ota2_image_defines.mk in the particular platform directory for more information on size constraints). On reducing the size of the application, the snippet should work fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

The u8g library works as expected. While adding some i2c devices to the ota2_extract snippet, you have to keep the memory constraints of the extract application in mind. In this case, the size of the extract application image was exceeding the constraint of 256k (check the ota2_image_defines.mk in the particular platform directory for more information on size constraints). On reducing the size of the application, the snippet should work fine.

0 Likes