How to install WICED successfully?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I installed WICED 5.2.0.22, there was an error "Not enough free disk space on selected folder location. Selected location has only 1M space available, press OK to select  a different location where there is at least 1000 M space available." However, the available space of my selected location is more than 50 G. I always tried the root directory of C disk, this error also happened.

One of my collegue, he successfully installed this SDK, but I don't know there is any difference between his PC with Mine.

Is there something wrong with this SDK or there is some confilct with other software?@

0 Likes
1 Solution
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

As Nyles mentioned, it's probably a misleading/incorrect error message. Can you attach your install log file?  It will be in directory like this

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp\wiced_install_log.  You can get there from the command line by "cd  /d %tmp%\wiced_install_log". It will be named something like WiCED-Studio_Install_[date][someothernumbers].log

Make sure C:\Windows\System32  is in your path. You might want to pause your antivirus software as well.

Sorry for the difficulty.  I hate it when the install isn't bullet proof.

--Matt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Does it help if you restart the PC and install in the administrator mode?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't work.

0 Likes
0 Likes

I've never figured out root cause.

I have plenty of free space and $PATH is valid.

My workaround of decompressing to a USB Thumb-Drive for then install over to C:\... continues to work; even on SDK 5.2.0

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I think this was a mis-reporting of the problem, since I didn't have

the

path to cmd.exe in my environment. This caused the probe test to report

fail.

Cheers,

Nyles

mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

As Nyles mentioned, it's probably a misleading/incorrect error message. Can you attach your install log file?  It will be in directory like this

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp\wiced_install_log.  You can get there from the command line by "cd  /d %tmp%\wiced_install_log". It will be named something like WiCED-Studio_Install_[date][someothernumbers].log

Make sure C:\Windows\System32  is in your path. You might want to pause your antivirus software as well.

Sorry for the difficulty.  I hate it when the install isn't bullet proof.

--Matt

0 Likes