Can we see BLE-dongle uart prints in terraterm ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to make an example (Project #020: UART to BLE Bridge | Cypress Semiconductor ) works using CY8CKIT-042-BLE  Pioneer kit . I cant find the way to make BLE dongle to communicate with PC (using UART)  without Cysmart.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

By default, the dongle is programmed with the CySmart firmware. You can program any application you want onto the dongle.

To test the UART bridge example, program the central code onto the dongle, you can then use Teraterm to view the debug prints.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

By default, the dongle is programmed with the CySmart firmware. You can program any application you want onto the dongle.

To test the UART bridge example, program the central code onto the dongle, you can then use Teraterm to view the debug prints.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to build the central app, changing the target device to CYBL10162-56LQXI ( due to this is the USB bridge PRoC device) take the hex under the debug folder and program it with programmer.

Is there any other modification (e.g. in UART RX,TX pins) required , in this example, in order to have success com with USB port?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could program the dongle directly though Creator. You can select the dongle under select debug target. I don't think you need to change the pins, the default pins will be correct.

0 Likes