6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 5:25 PM by MichaelF_56

Repeated DEEP SLEEP on BCM92073X

mdelmage

I am trying to build off the SDK2.1.1 rtc_example which uses DEEP SLEEP.  I successfully enter DEEP SLEEP by calling:

ble_trace0("Entering deep sleep.");

gpio_configurePin(0, 0, 0x100, 0);

// Configure the low power manager to enter deep sleep.
         devLpmConfig.disconnectedLowPowerMode = DEV_LPM_DISC_LOW_POWER_MODES_HID_OFF;

// Configure the wake time in mS; 0 means never
         devLpmConfig.wakeFromHidoffInMs = 3000;

// Configure the reference clock to use.

// Use the external 32k.
         devLpmConfig.wakeFromHidoffRefClk = HID_OFF_TIMED_WAKE_CLK_SRC_32KHZ;

gpio_configurePin(0, 0, 0x100, 0);

// Enter deep-sleep now. Will not return.
         devlpm_enterLowPowerMode();

This works for the power-on reset case.  But when it wakes from deep sleep, I try to run the above code and the BLECM_APP_EVT_ABORTING_HIDOFF callback is fired after the usual BLECM_APP_EVT_ENTERING_HIDOFF.  The part does not sleep.

I understand that the part may not enter DEEP SLEEP while advertising, in a connection, etc. but neither of these are the case.  Are there GPIO or other interrupts that may be preventing DEEP SLEEP?  Is there a way to check what the offending reason is?

I do call the following line in my create() function to follow the rtc_example:

// Always clear interrupts on P39, which is the interrupt pin used by the wake-from-deep-sleep HW block.
      gpio_clearPinInterruptStatus(GPIO_PIN_P39 / GPIO_MAX_NUM_PINS_PER_PORT, GPIO_PIN_P39 % GPIO_MAX_NUM_PINS_PER_PORT);