Creating a USB MIDI descriptor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I'm trying to create my first USB compliant device, specifically I'm trying to make an USB MIDI device, that can handle 4 MIDI Outputs.

I I'm really lost when It comes to USB communication, I understand the basics, but I as said this is my first USB device. I got the device to show up on the computer, it connects as a MIDI Device, but with no ports available.

I'm pretty sure my descriptor is all messed up, I tried using an endpoint for each out port, but I cant get it working.

Screenshot.png

This is what my computer shows.

Can someone help me understand how to create a proper descriptor for USB MIDI devices?? Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have seen the code example, also I have read the Universal Serial Buss Class Definition for MIDI Devices File like at least five times, I have tried several times to set up the descriptor this way.

My descriptor mostly works, because I get my device to show up on my computer, the device shows up as a Midi device, but It shows no available ports.

I understand that a Midi device needs a Standard AC Descriptor, and the Midi Streaming descriptor in order to work, but I have found no information about why the ports show up without ports, any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes