Hello all,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on PSoC 4200 CY8C4245AX*-483 controller. I put UART RX on interrupt and send data as char array. At 1st time i got my results right but after that UART is not receiving any Data though it is on interrupt. i have to reset it and send data to it. I have attached my along with. if any one can help me please help me. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please let me ask some questions.

I assumed that there is one UART component and one Interrupt component as follows.  Is this correct?

GS003203.png

There are several kinds of interrupt sources handled by the Interrupt component.  Which interrupt sources did you select?

GS003202.png

The UART component can have hardware or software FIFO.  What RX buffer size did you select?

The API function UART_GetChar() returns ZERO if the RX buffer exhausted.  Did you check if any ZEROs are contained in the data[] array?

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I tried with my CY8CKIT-044.  I typed "1_+2_~" and got following result.

GS003204.png

I pushed the RESET button because the string is displayed forever.  There seems to be a logic BUG.  Hint is the behavior of the variable i.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

There is simple example of using Fixed Fiction UART Rx port ( PSoC4 ) for receiving control messages from terminal. Please check if this approach fits your goals:

http://www.cypress.com/comment/389231#comment-389231

0 Likes