Regarding CCG1

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

I am a software engineer working on sw/hw project. I wish to use USB -C communication in my project. I am using a FT232 USB 2.0 USB to UART converter with a microcontroller to communicate with Android USB- C device. I wanted to know if

1) I can provide power to android device if I use CCG-1. 

2) CCG1 software provides several profiles like monitor laptop power cables etc. which one I should modify and how? 

3) Do I need all client configuration Host configuration and connector configuration setup.  ?

Thank you,

Nikhil Patil

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Nikhil,

>> Yes, you can provide power to Type-C device if you use CCGx. So far, for more easy to use, CCG2/3/4/5 is suitable for you.

2) CCG1 software provides several profiles like monitor laptop power cables etc. which one I should modify and how?

>> Notebook application or Power Adapter application is Okay for you.

3) Do I need all client configuration Host configuration and connector configuration setup.  ?

>> You need to know the client's sink PDO at least.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Nikhil,

>> Yes, you can provide power to Type-C device if you use CCGx. So far, for more easy to use, CCG2/3/4/5 is suitable for you.

2) CCG1 software provides several profiles like monitor laptop power cables etc. which one I should modify and how?

>> Notebook application or Power Adapter application is Okay for you.

3) Do I need all client configuration Host configuration and connector configuration setup.  ?

>> You need to know the client's sink PDO at least.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes