UART related issue in CY8C4125LQS-S433 .

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using psoc creator for development of CY8C4125LQS-S433 device , as per family data sheet

of 4100S P4.0 and P4.1 have alternate function of uart , however

when i try to map UART RX , TX pin to these pin , it throws error cannot be reached to these pins .

0 Likes
1 Solution
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

This is because the SCB[0] is not implemented in that PSoC 4100S devices.

The CY8C4146LQS-S433 device has three SCB blocks and the device CY8C4125LQS-S433 has two SCB blocks.  The difference between these devices is if the SCB[0] block is implemented or not.

GS003200.png

You can see the P4[0] is not listed in the drop down list because P4[0] cannot be used for UART.

Regards,

Noriaki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

UART has dedicated pins which are shown as green squares when assigning in pins view. There are only few choices depending on which SCB you choose. Try unlocking your pins and let the fitter choose a valid combination.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob , according to my hardware design  P4[0] and P4[1] are provided for uart .

I have used psoc creator for code generation for testing purpose

Also i want to know how to choose SCB , in psoc creator using drag and drop their is no control for that

as till i know .

0 Likes

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

This is because the SCB[0] is not implemented in that PSoC 4100S devices.

The CY8C4146LQS-S433 device has three SCB blocks and the device CY8C4125LQS-S433 has two SCB blocks.  The difference between these devices is if the SCB[0] block is implemented or not.

GS003200.png

You can see the P4[0] is not listed in the drop down list because P4[0] cannot be used for UART.

Regards,

Noriaki

0 Likes