Raw/Programmatic 2-way access to Pin config

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

Is there a way to get & set the Pin/port configuration via a raw text/csv/xml/any-non-binary-file.

alt. if there is some hidden way to script psoc creator to modify things like this?

Let's say tou need to setup 60+ something gpio's in sequence, doing this by point&click doesn't make sense, I'd rather to it programmatically.

0 Likes
10 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

There are certain  registers which are used to configure the GPIOs. They are accessible by firmware during normal operation. Further details and register maps are in the PSoC 3 and PSoC 5LP Registers TRM documents that are available for free from the Cypress website-

Please see page #19 of this Application Note-

http://www.cypress.com/file/45381/download

0 Likes

Hi & thanks!

What I'm after is how to do this in PSoC Creator.

Let's say if the "Pins" view would be represented as a plain text file as part of the project.

This way it would allow to auto-generate that from a netlist coming from the EDA software!

Vice versa, f done by hand in creator, it would be nice to get the list of netname, port&pin info as plain text as it would allow better version-control (Git, Svn etc) as line-by line changes would reveal the actual change between two project check-ins.

/d

0 Likes

Great list for what to put in the .gitignore, but doesn't answer my question.

To clarify what I'm after:

• A plain text format that can be diffed and merged in git/svn that represents
    • The pins view (could be a .csv with name, port, pin, lock)
    • The schematic view (mainly care about the "netlist", what is connected where)
    • Project dependencies (basic list of all files tied to the project)
    • Project config (pref. key=value for any relevant parameter, device-target, etc)

This would greatly improve PSoC Creator and the abilities to collaborate efficiently on a project with several developers

0 Likes

Cypress, really need your help and solution to this. Working multiple people on a project makes the binary nature of psoc creators project files a struggle. Please consider separating the pins view to a plain text format.

thanks david

0 Likes

anks / Cypress, please reply, it's been 5 months no answer. Do you have another support-channel we can use?

0 Likes

This is not the official Cypress support, and nearly all of the people here are just Cypress users, not employees.

When you want to create an official support case, go to the Cypress home page (being logged in), 'My account' at the top right, then 'MyCases'. You usually get a fast response.

0 Likes

Hi,

PSoC Creator 4.0 has new feature to optionally generate diff-able files for Schematic and Design-Wide Resource. This helps version-control's diff-tool to see the difference between versions PSoC Creator files. Please check link below and see if that is helpful.

PSoC Creator 4.0 Released! | Cypress Semiconductor

However, I don't think there is a way to change the Schematic design by writing to files. If you still have concerns, please contact Cypress Support and file a support case for further assistance.

0 Likes

That's a great addition, but what we really would like is to read and modify the pins view in a plain-text format (or via script / API would also be ok).

How about adding a netlist format for the schematic and a simple mapping file format (like .yml or similar) for the function -> pins -> port editor.

Thanks David

0 Likes

ping

0 Likes