Analog CoProcessor / Electret Microphone / Scan_ADC: where to connect VAGND?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I want to connect a electret microphone, using the Scan_ADC component of the Analog CoProcessor.

I wonder where to connect the VAGND input signal of the Scan_ADC component when filtering on channel 0 is used? The VREF component seems to only support VDDA. Do I have to make an external connection to GND by a dedicated pin?

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Ralf,

You can use the pVref as the input to angd terminal of the ADC. As there is opamp buffer stage inside you can directly connect it. The connection I have specified was for the biasing of the signal with the same agnd.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth

Hi,

You can use the pVref component, and  use a high pass filter biased at pVref voltage and input side too. The connection to resistor end can be given through an Opamp buffer.

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes

Hi VSRS,

thank you for that tip. So, that means that there's (currently) no way to connect VAGND internally to the ADC?

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hello Ralf,

You can use the pVref as the input to angd terminal of the ADC. As there is opamp buffer stage inside you can directly connect it. The connection I have specified was for the biasing of the signal with the same agnd.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes

Hi VSRS,

okay, will try that. I just wondered why there's no direct (A)GND connection possible.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes