Issue regarding configuration of MBR3116 by using renesas R8C tiny.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want configure Cypress MBR3116 by using Renesas R8C tiny (R8C25276) controller I2C. I have designed code according to the I2C host protocol in Cypress MBR3xxx datasheet.
The issue is MBR3116 is sometimes getting configured and sometimes it is not .I need to make multiple attempts to configure it and reset the MBR device manually. I have checked delay & i2c routine &  also i referred cypress mbr3116 troubleshoot guide but didn't got any solution. I have attached HEW workspace and text files of this project.Please check it and tell me if there is any correction and what is a solution for this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

It is intentional that the MBR3 device will NACK the I2C interactions for the first few access cycles (mot more than 3) when the device is in sleep state. The device will come to active first and then it will respond to the I2C interactions. As you said "I need to make multiple attempts to configure it and reset the MBR device manually" can you tell how many times it is failing when you are accessing the MBR3 through host?

For more information on this please refer I2C communication guidelines section in page number 32 of the MBR3 datasheet obtained from the link below

http://www.cypress.com/file/46236/download

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

It is intentional that the MBR3 device will NACK the I2C interactions for the first few access cycles (mot more than 3) when the device is in sleep state. The device will come to active first and then it will respond to the I2C interactions. As you said "I need to make multiple attempts to configure it and reset the MBR device manually" can you tell how many times it is failing when you are accessing the MBR3 through host?

For more information on this please refer I2C communication guidelines section in page number 32 of the MBR3 datasheet obtained from the link below

http://www.cypress.com/file/46236/download

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes