CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux USB to Uart example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I am using a Cypress CY7C65213 USB to Uart Bridge chip. I need to study some examples about USB to Uart on linux.

But I only find example for I2C/SPI on linux.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

in  Linux : USB-Serial SDK for Linux platforms Zip (http://www.cypress.com/?docID=45729)

Did you have more related information about this?

Thanks.

Ethan

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Ethan,

The CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux contains the library file named 'cyuart.c' in the following directory.

C:\<Extracted Folder>\CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux\CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux\linux\library

The application can issue calls to the APIs in the library and the necessary operation can be performed.

We do not have an example for UART in the Test_Utility. But, using the library file 'cyuart.c', the necessary functionality can be implemented in the application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Ethan,

The CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux contains the library file named 'cyuart.c' in the following directory.

C:\<Extracted Folder>\CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux\CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux\linux\library

The application can issue calls to the APIs in the library and the necessary operation can be performed.

We do not have an example for UART in the Test_Utility. But, using the library file 'cyuart.c', the necessary functionality can be implemented in the application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

Thank you for replying. I will study file 'cyuart.c'.

I also found usbserial example in windows USB-Serial SDK.

I think it can be use in linux.

Thanks

Ethan  

0 Likes