How to proceed the regulatory certification with 20736S based design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a customer designs a system with 20736S, how does the customer proceed with the regulatory certification testing? LMA (Limited Modular Approval) can be applied for Japan regulatory?

0 Likes
1 Solution

My apologies for the delayed response.

Here's the document you are looking for: CYW2073XS SiP Module Regulatory Update (Japan)

atsushi_fujiwara_1693156

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe the BCM207XS family has been approved for Japan's MIC (attached).  I have attached the certificate we provided as Broadcom, which is being updated to Cypress.

Local regulatory houses you engage with to support the regulatory approvals for the end product should be able to tell you which additional tests are needed.

If not, please create a case under MyCases on Cypress.com as I'm not sure the regulatory team monitors the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send the attachment? Thanks.

0 Likes

It's attached to the response above.

0 Likes

I received the following guidance from the regulatory team:

For Japan, the module itself should have its approval marking (Giteki logo, “R” box and approval number). The host should also display the approval logo (in a visible location), i.e. it cannot rely on the module marking if this is not visible.

Host label should also include the statement:

当該機器には電波法に基づく、技術基準適合証明等を受けた特定無線設備を装着している。
Translation: “This equipment contains specified radio equipment that has been certified to the Technical Regulation Conformity Certification under the Radio Law.”

Electronic labeling is permitted for the host. User instructions are expected to document that the device is e-labeled and how to view.

An exception to this is a device that may require an additional module+host (limited) evaluation. Typically for cases that require SAR evaluation (cellular phones or tablets).

In this case the evaluation will result in a different approval number and this will be placed upon the host or e-labeled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was advised CYW20736S should be applied 007-AF0148 for type certification number. 007-AB0221 is for BCM20732S. Do you have the certificate letter (007-AF0148)?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

20736S and 20737S are variants of the same product 20732S. I have attached a letter of declaration

on this point. Effectively, it means that 20736S and 20737S based products should have the same

certification and qualified as that of 20732S. Hopefully it can reduce the burden of trying to obtain another

certification number.

0 Likes

My apologies for the delayed response.

Here's the document you are looking for: CYW2073XS SiP Module Regulatory Update (Japan)

atsushi_fujiwara_1693156

0 Likes