Can I control the volume of i-phone and/or android smart phone through BLE by using CYBLE-014008-00 module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I know there is AVRCP in Classic Bluetooth and the sound volume of smart phone can be controlled through it.

However there isn't AVRCP in BLE.

Is there any way to realize the volume control through BLE? fyr I'm using CYBLE-014008-00 module.

Thank you for your advice in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

AVRCP is not available for BLE (low energy) devices as a standard profile/service. You could however implement a service/profile that allows/does the same thing. You would need to program the CYBLE-014008-00 to send the commands as data over the BLE connection, and set up the phone to receive the commands and act upon them (with an application on the phone or something).

Link to relevant SO response on this similar question: objective c - Is it possible AVRCP on BLE with iOS? - Stack Overflow

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

AVRCP is not available for BLE (low energy) devices as a standard profile/service. You could however implement a service/profile that allows/does the same thing. You would need to program the CYBLE-014008-00 to send the commands as data over the BLE connection, and set up the phone to receive the commands and act upon them (with an application on the phone or something).

Link to relevant SO response on this similar question: objective c - Is it possible AVRCP on BLE with iOS? - Stack Overflow

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi e.pratt,

Thank you for your attention.

So... it's impossible to control phone's volume up/down throuth BLE without apps within the phone. Is it correct?

Thank you for your confirm in advance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have two options here since there is no standard BLE application interface for the AVRCP profile;

Either create an app as you asked and configure a custom BLE profile to interface with the app and control the smart phone settings;

Or, you could create a BLE profile and do your best to make it mimic the AVRCP profile, but since it is running on BLE instead of straight Bluetooth, I'm not sure whether there would be barriers to making it work fully.

Since the phone is setup to interface with an AVRCP profile, creating a BLE profile that implements the same services and attributes should be possible (given you can fit it on a PSOC chip). But, there are no examples or easy libraries of it implemented already.

Tl;dr; If you are asking if it is possible, then the answer is yes you should be able to make it interface with the phone without running an app on the phone. If you are asking if it is easy/already done by someone, then I would say no. No one else has done it afaik.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi e.pratt,

Thank you for your advice.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Sorry I don't have a better solution to give; Things don't always work out easily

0 Likes